You Would Think...

Thursday, December 31, 2009 Edit This 0 Comments »
You would think as a writer I would be better at this whole blogging thing, but I can hardly manage to write more than once a week, let alone keep a journal. The only time I was ever successful with that was when I was in Italy...and even that was a struggle. I guess I'm just better at keeping my thoughts in my head. Ha ha.

I had a fabulous semester, so I really can't complain. I managed to kick some butt in all of my classes and earned my highest GPA to date...which means for once in my college career I got all A's. *Pats herself on the back* Me? Vain? Never! Ha ha. I'm really not a vain person...but I am really proud of myself.

I also hit the halfway--well, almost halfway point of my novel. And I am proud of that too...I can't wait to write the last sentence on that last page. I think that will be the greatest feeling ever. I'll let ya know.

I can't believe that it is New Year's Eve already. This year went by way too fast and I'm still trying to figure out what comes next for me. I'm going to try to get into a Transition to Teaching program and if not I think I'm going to work as a sub for a year before I try again. I've thought about counseling too. I think I would be good at it too. I just don't know. I'm in totally new territory...again...and I'm coming into the worst job market ever...lucky me. But I'm sure God has a plan, as he always does, and it'll work out. I just have to worry a bunch until then.

So, as always I am going to make a few resolutions for the year. And as always I am going to assume that I probably won't follow through with them, but it's almost a new year so maybe that will change.

Resolution 1:
Lose weight. Get my butt moving. It's time to get healthy. For me. I want to be healthier and happier.

Resolution 2:
Finish my novel. That's right, I'm going to finish the darn thing if it kills me. I want to finish it so I can do the revisions and send it out into the world to (hopefully) get published. The whole published part will probably take more than just this next year, but it's something to work for.

Resolution 3:
Meet my friend Garrett. He lives in CA, and we met randomly and talk a lot via messenger. He's a great friend and I think it'd be cool to actually meet in person.

So there you have it. And now it's out there for people to see so I have to do it. Maybe I should blog about it all. Ha ha. Yeah right. I'd never actually keep up with it...but hey, it's fun to talk about.

*Miss Desi*

Listening to: "Martyr's Song" Todd Agnew
Mood: Hopeful

0 comments: